My wife surprised me with an early Christmas present and purchased the recently released Canon 7D Mark II (7DMII) to replace my aging Canon 50D. The 7DMII is a significant upgrade over the 6 year old 50D. I have a little over 3 months to get used to the 7DMII before baseball season begins so I took it to Wildwood Park and Nature Center in Harrisburg Pa for a test drive. While I don't take a lot of wildlife and landscape images I was hoping to catch some birds in flight (BIF) to test the tracking and 10 frames per second and to capture some nature scenes to get a general feel for how the camera handles.
Here are a few of the images. You can check out the other images in the gallery: http://www.wbentzelphotography.com/p89480338
1. Blue Heron in Flight - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 L | 1/1250 | f/4 | ISO 100
2. Bird in Flight - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 L | 1/1250 | F/4 | ISO 100
3. Dead Seed Pod with reflection on the water - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 L | 1/800 | ISO 100
4. Winter Berry - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 L | 1/400 | ISO 125
5. Duck with Reflection - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 L | 1/800 | f/4 |ISO 100
6. Blue Heron with it's tongue out - Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 300 f/4 with a 1.4X TC | 1/800 | f/5.6 | ISO 200
Once I got used to the feel of the camera and adjusted some settings I started to get better results. Overall I was pleased with the first trip out with the 7DMII and look forward to spring when baseball returns.
Thanks for looking